Roasted Coffee Color
Once you know the variety of coffee roasting, then the next you can determine what kind of roasting that is appropriate for you. Or if you feel bored with the flavor character roasting results you normally do, you can try another. In addition, the type of coffee that you choose should also be adjusted with the right kind of roasting.
Roasting is a crucial stage in determining the flavor of the coffee produced. Profile results roasting itself determined by several important factors. Consider the following factors so that you get a roasting profile that you want:
- The first factor : Coffee type coffee type you choose will greatly affect the roasting process. Therefore, make sure you adjust the roasting method to the type of roasted coffee.
- Second Factor : The Place of origin coffee coffee cultivation will affect the display roasting results. Darker roasting results generated from coffee grown at high altitude compared to coffee grown in the lower plains.
- Third Factor : processing, there are some kinds of coffee processing, such as wet processing, dry, semi-dry, then there is also the coffee that gets the advanced stages as dekafeinasi and aging coffee. Make sure you know for sure that you get the coffee beans undergo a process which, because of different processing requires different roasting treatment. The coffee is processed with natural methods require dry-roasting darker than coffee processed by the wet method. Thus, the acidity of the coffee is processed by the wet method will be prominent.
- Fourth Factor : Humidity and temperature If your coffee beans is in an environment with high humidity and low temperature, you have to roast coffee beans you with a longer time.
- Factor Five : The length of roasting you should keep an eye on the time used for roasting coffee for the length of time of roasting coffee beans have a significant effect on the taste of the coffee produced. Profile roasting is very important to achieve optimal flavor of each coffee bean. The range of time required in the professional roasting is 11-20 minutes. To produce optimal roasting, make sure the temperature and roasting steady pace. The period between the first and second crack also plays a very important role.
- The six factors : the roasting method pamanggangan Each of these methods will affect the final result of roasting. Grilling with gas energy yield different outcomes when compared to roasting uses an electric engine. Roasting drum also give different results with air grills, namely the coffee bean roasting results of its fuller body but with lower brightness levels compared with the air grills.
- The seven factors : Age of green coffee beans you should know that the older the age of the beans, the water content will decrease. This leads to differences in structure and flavor when baked. Aroma coffee produced is much reduced. In addition, coffee became less concentrated with a lower acidity.